Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine’s Food Fun

DSC08692 DSC08693

  • Heart Apple Slices … these are so easy and so cute! My kids gobbled them up.
    1. I used this set of three heart cutters here. It says they’re for fondant but they worked just like any other cookie cutter! I got mine at JoAnn and I’ve seen them at Michael’s as well. With a 40% off coupon, they’re pretty inexpensive.
    2. Cut an apple in thin slices horizontally.
    3. Use a heart-shaped cutter right in the middle. Looks cute and gets rid of the seeds!
    4. Serve plain or with a yummy dip.

valentine lunchvalentine lunch2valentine lunch3

  • Heart Lunchesthese three adorable lunches are by lisa storms. I use these same Easy Lunch Boxes for my kid’s lunches. Of course, you could do the same thing on a plate. We have sparkly heart-shaped plates that we pull out and use in February. My kids love them. Found them on clearance at Target a few years ago.
    1. Lunch #1
      • sliced strawberries look like hearts
      • heart-shaped sandwiches
      • almonds & conversation hearts in a fun cupcake liner
    2. Lunch #2
      • heart-stamped grilled cheese sandwich
      • carrot sticks
      • “bee mine” fruit kabobs … pineapple & sliced grapes
    3. Lunch #3
      • heart-shaped pancakes
      • strawberry yogurt w/ sprinkles (for dipping instead of syrup)
      • heart-shaped melon

valentine hotdog

  • Hot Dog Heart … photo and idea from Family Fun.
    1. Slice the ends off a hotdog at a diagonal.
    2. Put cut sides together and poke an uncooked spaghetti noodle through.
    3. Add cheese cut to resemble an arrow on each end.

valentine cinnamon rolls cinnamonrolls

  • Cinnamon Bun Hearts … I will be making these most definitely before Valentine’s Day.
    1. I got this idea and photo from Poppies at Play.
    2. Instead of rolling the cinnamon rolls straight across, roll up both sides until they meet in the middle.
    3. I use a piece of thread to cut them so they don’t smoosh.
    4. Once in the pan, pinch the bottom to make the heart shape!

valentine chex mix

  • Valentine Chex Mix … recipe here. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...